Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

SUPERHERO, aka Superman . . .NOT

Oh my gosh do I have a lot of catching up to do! The Sonoma special workshop really put me behind. I haven't posted these layouts. This is with our Superhero Paper. The first page shows our son in his little halloween costumes. The fuzzy ones on the lower left page are of him in his Superman costume. I actually made him a Superman costume, complete with a Satin cape. I was so suprised that it turned out great! My title is "Superman NOT" because the next page shows him from a week when we got his Jr High photos (Thank God!), cause I got a call right after I got at work to come pick him up--he had gotten hurt at school. He needed emergency plastic surgery to put his nose back in place after playing around before school and we had to go get one of these photos for the surgeon to take into the operating room with her to try and put his nose back together to look like him!



This next layout is when is younger and wanted to play soccer. Oh my gosh did we have fun and laugh. He was so excited by his little costume. He was truly ADHD. (Meds worked great but he wouldn't take them because the kids teased him. They were the only time he maintained decent grades and learned well in school without disrupting everyone.)  But below, was his first soccer match. It was all I could do to get his photo. He was playing frisbee beforehand. When we got to the field, they put him as a goalee I think it was. That didn't work. He got tired and sat down to look for 4-leaf clovers for awhile. Then when the ball came near, he started running and playing with the other team. We didn't care and were just happy to see him having fun. In one shot you see another playing looking at him when he is sneaking a wave to us. The other team wasn't happy at all. Soccer didn't last--much too serious and competitive and not at all about fun at such a young age. We didn't mind him giving that up at all!

Note: The directions said to sponge everything in black. Black is such a dynamic color, that I learned in art classes, a little goes a long way and it can be overpowering. I sponged in Outdoor Denim--it is much more subtle and lets my faded photos be more dominant which is my ultimate goal.


Products Used
G1037 Superhero Workshop On The Go Includes
      X7152B Superhero Paper Pack
      Exclusive Superhero Stamp Set
      Z1688 Comic Badge Buttons
      Z1680 Dimmensional Elements Stars
      Instructional Brochure
Z1488 Honey Mini-Medley Accents Collections (for Ribbon)
E1022 Hero Alphabet My Acrylix Stamp Set
S1204 April Stamp of the Month, You Are My Acrylix Stamp Set
X5903 Cardstock Shade Packs Light Blue
Z2334 Moonstruck Exclusive Inks Marker
Exclusive Inks Stamp Pads: Z2134 Moonstruck, Z2150 Sunflower, Z2162 Honey, Z2194 Sky,
      Z2116 Cranberry, Z2140 Outdoor Denim,  
Z1151 3-D Foam Tape
Z534 Micro-Tip Scissors
Z1471 Ruler
Z697

Other Products used--I have Arrow brads pointing to our son in the soccer photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment