Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I am so NOT computer saavy!

Something I've always wanted to do is take a picture a day. I even remembered to start that this year. So tonight I decided I would update my Blog and share my Picture-a-Day photos. My computer ate them, including my Christmas photos! Oh well, it wasn't meant to be I guess. One less thing to scrap.

I have a monthly group of ladies who meet, In the past, as majority wanted, we made 4-5 cards. The majority now wants to incorporate cards as well. Personally, I was bored with the cards we were making so I'm ready to step things up a notch. I tested this out with my October and November groups and it went well. My December group was thrilled with the new format. (I will share that project on another day. I'm making it for a non-scrapper and just received some of the photos today.) But I do have a card from November that I can share with.




First: The pattern is from Stars & Stamps, Operation Write Home. It is the Trifold Shutter Card tutorial. They have a fantastic handout that you can print complete with dimensions. I just changed a few of them; it was easy to make the adjustments I needed for my card.

This was made using the CTMH Olivia Workshop On The Go (WOTG). The WOTGs are great. You get a paper pack, an exclusive stamp set that goes with the papers, an embellishment, a multi-page/multi colored brochure filled with instructions (including all dimensions) and tips to make cards and scrapbook pages using all elements within the kit. Everything matches and it's all ready to go in one spot, making your projects faster, simpler, and easier!

On the center greeting . . . the one with the green button in the top, left corner, you will notice that the greeting is stamped on a neutral paper, while the back side has a design. For this effect, I just cut out two pieces of paper out, the same size: a neutral-colored Cardstock (CS) and a Background and Texture (B&T)paper. Then I glued the two together. Not only does it give the nice pattern on the back side when the edges are distressed, but it also adds thickness to the B & T paper and I think makes it easier to work with.  

I also used the Stamp of the Month (SOM) for November, "A Little Thanks." A SOM set is only available during a specified month; if you like the set, get it while it is available. The best part is during their month, you can get them at a discounted price or even free with a qualifying purchase. You can read more details about this program and the current SOM at my Website. Just select the top, square box on the right--that's the spot for the current Stamp Of The Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment