Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Roses in January . . . are you crazy???

I'm not, but the weather is. We have had great weather. Some rain, but mild temperatues. Temperatures have been running in the mid-70s. Ray just installed a 17" tall toilet for me in our bathroom and spruced it up a bit. He hasn't had time to trim the roses and trees. We looked out the window and saw the peach tree in full bloom. On his recommendation, I went to get a picture to share. When I was out there, I saw 3 roses, just amazing for January!


The past year has been a rough one. The back yard has been a source of joy for me. When I've been down in the dumps, I can look out there and see lots of roses, and other flowers, fruit trees, palm trees, Bird of Paradise, a pretty bird bath from Robert and Jessica, and birds too! Problems, health issues, and what seems to be a gazillion doctor apointments can be overwhelming. Sometimes looking in the back and watching the birds in my back yard helps by reminding me of Matthew 6:26:

26 Look at the birds of the air;
they do not sow or reap or store away in barns,
and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not much more valuable than they?
27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? (NCV)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment