Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

One Design, 3 Cards

Well, Valentine's Day has come and gone and I still have partially made cards from last year and the year before. MAYBE, just maybe, I can get them all done this year and out in the mail ON TIME next year! 

But I did get 3 cards from my December workshop finished. These were all made using the December Close To My Heart Stamp Of The Month, D1445I Amore. My actual workshop card was like the one in the center--great for engagement, wedding, anniversary, or just I love you. This set is no longer available (see next paragraph) and I have a friend who LOVES flamingos so I changed the greeting on two of them using Stampin Up set #123057 Valentine Definied. I love both CTMH and Stampin Up, but chose to represent CTMH because I like them better and I find CTMH to be more innovative. Both companies produce a good quality product, I host regular parties for my friend Sue, and you'll find both products in my house. If you want the Stampin Up set--click the stamp set name and get it quickly, it's a Sale-A-Bration set. The link I have provided will take you to my friend and supplier's website, Sue Kempter-Miller. I'm not getting a kick-back on this, I just like recommending good, honest people and Sue is about as good as they get!



One more note, for the flowers on the two side cards, I used our new Spray pens, Create-A-Shade Pearl Paint, Reinker of Choice, and regular tap water to make my own glimmermist/gimmer spray. You get 3 spray pens for $3.95, the paint is $2.95, and the reinkers are $4.25. I'm hooked on the stuff. It is so easy, inexpensive, and turns out great. The specific recipe is listed on the cardstock insert the comes with the spray pens. For the flowers, I mixed up a batch using Sky and a batch using Vineyard Berry. I sprayed the flowers first with Sky and then a light spritz of Vineyard Berry. You can't tell that they're sprayed with two colors but it sure adds a bit of dimension to the flowers. In the meantime, I'm slowly building my supply of pens. Teresa is our group hostess next month; another set of pens will be on my order!

Products Used  (Stamp sets are listed and explained above.)
X7127B Magnifique Level 2 Paper Pack
X5761 Sky 12 x 12 Cardstock
1248 Vineyard Berry 12 x 12 Cardstock
Exclusive Inks
    Z2194 Sky Stamp Pad (Background "love" is stamped on the Sky cardstock with Sky ink.)
    Z2294 Sky Reinker
    Z2157 Vineyard Berry Pad (Used to distress and sponge cardstock and paper edges.)
Z891 VersaMark pad (used for embossing)
Z1102 Colonial White 3/8" wide bulk Grosgrain Ribbon
Z1327 Sparkles, Blue & Green Assortment
Z697 Sponge
Z1039 Create-a-Shade Pearl Paint
Z678 Silver Embossing Powder
Z1380 Spray Pen
Z555 Craft Heater
1764 Craft Tray (For pouring embossing powder back into the jar)
Z1382 Tweezers (These keep you from burning your fingers when heat embossing.)
Z534 Micro-Tip Scissors (The BEST scissors for detail cutting.)

The ribbon slide is a discontinued product that I had on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment