Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

2011 Floods and Tornadoes Relief Operations, You & Me: Stronger Together

Many of the Close To My Heart Consultants asked if there was something we could do to support those affected by recent severe weather in the United States. The corporate office extended the great May campaign and came up with You & Me: Stronger Together, to raise funds for the survivors of the severe storms that have pummeled the Midwest and Southern states.

During the month of June 2011, order a You & Me kit for only $15 US/$16.50 CAN (a retail value of $34.95/$38.95), and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the American Red Cross 2011 Floods and Tornadoes relief operations. Just hop on over to my website, select "Shop Online" on the top left, and "Stronger Together," lower left to place your order for this sensational kit and help those in need at the same time. The You & Me: Stronger Together campaign will continue until June 30 at 11:59 pm (MDT) or while supplies last.

The You & Me Kits come with neat cardstock-like Background & Texture papers (They have the CTMH Logo printed on a cut-off inventory tab instead of on the paper so it won't get in your way!), Ribbon Mocha Opaques (pearlesque adhesive gems), Irresistibles--chipboard pieces with resist patterns that show through when covered with inks, a GREAT coordinating, D-sized stamp set (I have already used this set for the journaling box and tickets on other layouts and won't be putting it away.), and a colored brochure complete with cutting directions and an exclusive layout pattern so you can create the product with ease.


So I do things a little bit different. Those who attend my workshops will love this--I didn't QUITE understand the instructions and cut the papers wrong. See the striped paper at the bottom? It's not supposed to be striped. It's supposed to be solid pink. But even with a mistake it turns out great. I also add more photos than the layouts call for.


See this bottom row of flags--this are some of the Irresistible flags, sponged with ink. They are separated by Mocha Opaques. Isn't this a clever idea. The little dots are more Opaques scattered on the page. The journaling box and tickets are some of the stamped images.

I added more flourishes on the left page because I got ink smudges on this page. No such thing a mistakes--just room to stamp or embellish. On their samples, they had girls on the other pages and boys on this page. See how versatile the pages are. I enjoyed creating my layouts and even having to make up for my mistakes, I have some papers and Irresitibles left over to make some cards, a few other pages, or other projects with. Too bad I couldn't get a few more hours or energy added to each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment